Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Episode 89: PAXlicious; Discuss this episode here.
Topic Started: Apr 19 2012, 12:56 AM (2,445 Views)
PeteDorr
Member Avatar
I Like Games.

LINK
On this Episode we are joined by Steph "PhantomJest" who has been a long time supporter of the YouTube Gaming Community. This week we talk PAX East 2012 as Pete, John, and Steph all attended this year. We talk about games and events that stood out to us the most and the experience as a whole.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Psyco6
Member Avatar
Wicked
[ *  * ]
jason and john when are you guys going to do another couch confessional
I want to unlock my skins,guns, characters, and maps. Not just buy them

MrSilver9692
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
listening to it now, I loved MJR doing the intro : D
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSilver9692

dumpweed
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
PAX...NICE! What im realy waiting for though is E3! I cant believe E3 is only 1.5 months away!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Eric Olson
Member Avatar
Big Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Oh man, great non-edited intro. AND...my favorite person in the whole world as a guest? God, I love this show!

Posted Image

Posted Image

MetalJesus
Member Avatar

MrSilver9692
Apr 19 2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks! I was happy it only took two takes to do the intro.

And yes, Pete's new nickname is "Obi-Wan PETE Kenobi", because I envision any time Pete gets stuck in a difficult game, he closes his eyes and raises one hand ...and then begins channeling the Gaming Force like Yoda in Empire Strikes Back. Then, he proceeds to tell that game who is Da Boss!
A long haired metal dude, with a passion for video games!
http://www.youtube.com/MetalJesusRocks

Posted Image

relewis2011
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Listening now! Really enjoying it so far hearing your thoughts and stories about PAX. Really looking forward to Primal Carnage, though! Haha, I think it would be awesome to get some multiplayer going between the forum users and the hosts of AGG as well if you guys do end up getting it. Sounds like a blast.

Looking forward to listening to rest of the episode later this evening. Keep up the great work you guys! Still loving Jason #2 as a co host. The intro was freaking fantastic. LOL :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

relewis2011 YT Channel - Video Game Discussions, Pickups, Unboxing, Reviews and more!

MrSilver9692
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
MetalJesus
Apr 19 2012, 11:08 AM
MrSilver9692

And yes, Pete's new nickname is "Obi-Wan PETE Kenobi", because I envision any time Pete gets stuck in a difficult game, he closes his eyes and raises one hand ...and then begins channeling the Gaming Force like Yoda in Empire Strikes Back. Then, he proceeds to tell that game who is Da Boss!
hahaha nice! Plus I picture him wearing one of the brown Jedi robes, while he plays : D
Posted Image

MrTechnoSqueek
Member Avatar
Mr. Sega

oh man...I got teary eyed when phanto was talking about FF4 :( I am an emotional bitch lol
Edited by MrTechnoSqueek, Apr 19 2012, 03:19 PM.
Posted ImagePosted Image

metcar
Member Avatar
Remember there's no Fish Stick like Mrs.Pells.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I Cried during Neverwinter Nights 2001 for PC lol
My Youtube Channel My Facebook
My 3DS Friend Code: 0946-2418-6363 / My PSN: metcar / Steam: metcar/Xbox Live: metalcarman
Posted Image Posted Image

relewis2011
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Zygote? Really, Pete?!? LOL! Would have NEVER expected that from you. That's freaking hysterical. I can't even imagine what MJR and his wife were thinking at the time. Great episode you guys...
Posted Image

Posted Image

relewis2011 YT Channel - Video Game Discussions, Pickups, Unboxing, Reviews and more!

DODOFRO
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think this was the best episode thus far having MJR on board... not that the others have been bad at all, I guess I'm just trying to say: "great episode!"
It was an enjoyable one. It's more difficult for me to listen to whilst at work now, but I still rewind things in case I feel like I missed anything. John / Gamester I feel your pain in getting blown away on a racing game, I played Split Second just the other night with some of my friends who have been lobbying up and playing for several months now as a total n00b and I was getting owned by the AI in the back of the races... eh, whatever though, it's all about the fun I suppose...

Anyways, good episode. Keep it up guysssss also PS gals upon the podcast are a nice surprise. Though I'm thinking perhaps the ratio of women to men guests is just a direct reflection of the demographic of gamers itself...?? *shrug*

Anyways peace...

pestro
Member Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Umm... you can change the voices in Xenoblade to Japanese voices if you don't like the Brittish accent in your RPGs, Pete :P I look forward to hearing your opinions of Xenoblade on the next podcast when you've gotten a bit further into the game! I personally think that it's the greatest RPG of this generation of consoles B-)

Otherwise, this was an excellent episode and Jest was a fantastic guest! I'm really glad that you chose MJR as your new co-host. I think he's done an amazing job thus far!

Btw, best intro evarrr! :D
Edited by pestro, Apr 19 2012, 05:28 PM.
Ginga Force translation
SDOJ translation
Acceleration of Suguri 2 translation
Caladrius translation

MrSilver9692
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Oh yeah and thanks Pete I can't stop playing Draw Something haha its so fun! XD
Posted Image

Phantomjest
Member Avatar
I can haz games.
[ *  *  * ]
I had a super fun time and I felt really privileged to be on the podcast. There is such great chemistry between the four of you. I was very nervous at first, but after Metal Jesus's intro I felt a lot better. =p

Also, thank you to those of you who subscribed to my YouTube channel, as meager as it is right now. I'm kind of getting inspired to post more videos on there. Not sure of what yet. [wormsscratch]

Posted Image
Posted Image

Bomboulder
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Great episode guys, great guest too. Never knew you're a girl...

jumblejunkie
Member Avatar
SEGA!!!!!!

I had a great time at PAX! Had a fun hanging with Gamester, Pete, and the Charge Back Forward guys.

Yes, I was that guy that waited 3 1/2 hours to play Boarderlands 2. I witnessed the power of the media pass with Gamester when we went to play Max Payne 3. I am DEFINITELY applying for one next year.
http://www.youtube.com/jumblejunkie
Operation Kill Screen podcast

Phantomjest
Member Avatar
I can haz games.
[ *  *  * ]
Bomboulder
Apr 20 2012, 02:58 AM
Great episode guys, great guest too. Never knew you're a girl...
Hahaha, most don't initially. =p
Posted Image
Posted Image

skooks
Member Avatar
THFC
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hate to be that person but the accents in Xenoblade are English. There is no such thing as a British accent. As an English person it just kind of irks me when people make that mistake because Britain is made up of four different countries and therefore different accents and even languages. It's a bit like saying a Canadian has an American accent. But on that note, even I turned on the Japanese voice acting because the English acting is pretty appalling.

That aside, great episode as always guys :)

Poptart Monkey113
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
MetalJesus
MrSilver9692

Posted Image
Haha it's "Obi-wan Pete Kenobi". Made this little pic in colors 3d for the 3ds.
Edited by Poptart Monkey113, Apr 21 2012, 12:15 AM.
Posted Image

MrSilver9692
Member Avatar
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Poptart Monkey113
Apr 21 2012, 12:12 AM
MetalJesus
MrSilver9692

Posted Image
MY GOD!! this is amazing! : D
Posted Image

DODOFRO
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Super sweet, poptart! I wouldn't wanna mess with a Jedi Pete with that dead stare in his eyes... ooo...

CronoLink9
Member Avatar
The Timekeeper

Poptart Monkey113
Apr 21 2012, 12:12 AM
MetalJesus
MrSilver9692

Posted Image
That is awesome.
Gamertag/PSN Name: CronoLink91
3DS Friend Code: 2766-8640-8214
SPACE DANDY IS A DANDY GUY IN THE SPACE.
Posted Image

Big_Daddy_FatSacks
Member Avatar
Big Daddy Fat Sacks
[ *  *  * ]
Once again! Great show! Really liked the guest, she was great.
Posted Image

Eric Olson
Member Avatar
Big Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Wrecked IS that bad. :X

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All Gen Gamers · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: