Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Episode 78: MAGFest Origins; Discuss this episode here
Topic Started: Feb 2 2012, 08:44 AM (1,927 Views)
PeteDorr
Member Avatar
I Like Games.

LINK
This week we are joined by Joeseph Yamine who tells us the history about how he once helped create MAGFest and the hardships of starting up your very own convention, Star Wars and Irvin Kershner, some interesting tidbits on Turbo Grafx, and more!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

seal308
Member Avatar
Basher
[ *  *  * ]
this uploaded kina late. I was waiting all night for it T_T

Kharnivore2099
Member Avatar
Retroverdose

Luckily i just popped on now to download it, not bad timing at all. ;)
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted Image-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted Image---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twitch Channel
Youtube Channel
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

prince_david
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great guest for this episode! I really wanted to go to MAGfest this year, but I am going to do my best to make it down next January. I know PAX East is a big deal, but MAGfest is pretty special with their focus on music. Also its location in the DC-Baltimore area makes it convenient for a lot more people.

Ponch
Member Avatar
Vidya Games
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Kidding aside, he a lot of interesting and informative things to say. Props to him on starting such a great convention. I think he was just a little nervous and excited to share his story. Nothing wrong with that. Good episode. ^_^
Posted Image

DODOFRO
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ponch
Feb 2 2012, 11:34 AM
Posted Image

^I kiiiiiind of agree with this :|

It was cool to hear about and learn of MAG but the path toward reaching that was a little bit confusing..

Haha... Man... Now I really know Gamester was offended by the whale VS his dog drawing. Maybe I can whip up a redemptive one where he is owning the whale..

Also P.S. Johnny has already planted the seed for a "Corpulent Console Gamer" drawing by saying he's cool with one of him being a fatass ahahaha...
~DODOFRO

Vinyl
Member Avatar
Admiral
[ *  * ]
i agree here. It was really interesting to hear about the origins of a gaming con kinda near me, as well as the end days of a console company; but for whatever reason(nervousness, excitement), he rambled on a bit.

I see this as an opportunity to show the crew how to keep the podcast on course. I seem to remember them asking like their third question nearing about an hour in. with that said I give you this: [sonicrun]

Blaseio
Member Avatar
"Don't step into the light, Jak! DON'T STEP INTO THE LIGHT!"
[ * ]
Thank you Johnny for mentioning to talk about video games. I was going through Pete withdrawals for a hour and a half there.
Posted Image

dumpweed
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Vinyl
Feb 2 2012, 01:52 PM
i agree here. It was really interesting to hear about the origins of a gaming con kinda near me, as well as the end days of a console company; but for whatever reason(nervousness, excitement), he rambled on a bit.

I see this as an opportunity to show the crew how to keep the podcast on course. I seem to remember them asking like their third question nearing about an hour in. with that said I give you this: [sonicrun]
Yea agreed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shulamana
Level 1
[ * ]
seal308
Feb 2 2012, 08:46 AM
this uploaded kina late. I was waiting all night for it T_T
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3A%22opensource_audio%22%20AND%20%28all%20gen%20gamers%29&sort=-publicdate

Check this every Wednesday night between 6-9pm EST. There's a bit of a delay between when Jason gets it uploaded to the host and when Pete gets a chance to update the website/RSS feed with the link.

I have this one for OKS too, for anyone else who listens:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22jumblejunkie%22%20AND%20%28operation%20kill%20screen%29&sort=-publicdate

Great episode, didn't mind the extra long chatter about MAGFest and Irvin Kershner. Yes you're a gaming podcast but I find this kind of stuff interesting too.

Nester
Member Avatar
Lurker
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, I can't believe it's episode 78 already! I wonder if Johnny can believe it. ;)
~ Nester
- Twitter - Blog - Tumblr -

zaven1718
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This Episode Was relly cool, hearing his story was amazing, he has lived a full life
Posted Image

zaven1718
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What you guys and the whole youtube gaming community should do to jason is if he gets a 3DS and Mario Kart 7 dont let anyone friend him and play online with him till he watches, and live streams himself watching, lord of the rings
Posted Image

MrGrimnoob
Member Avatar
Avid Collector
awesome podcast you guys! What should I look up for the video about Knights of the Old Republic
STOP! STOP! STOP! This is NOT a Signature! This is NOT a Signature! This is NOT a Signature! This is NOT a Signature! This is a wall of text, it's a jumble of words, it's a wall of text for Collector's, this is not a Signature! STOP! READ! READ THE DESCRIPTION! This is NOT a Signature! STILL after this, people will still be still ignorant and think it's a Signature. This is a NOT a Signature. STOP, READ! READ WHAT THIS IS, this is a wall of text, this is NOT a SIGNATURE! STOP! AND READ! READ THE DESCRIPTION! READ THE DESCRIPTION!

magfounder
New User
I is very sorry for my ramblings. I offer amends by answering questions you may has. I promise to try to keep answer short.

(Yeah, I was worried that I was going on too long ... was waiting for someone to stop me ^_^)

Oh, really enjoyed the doing the podcast guys. Thanks for getting me on the air!

LMG Gaming
Member Avatar
#dantheman

Great episode! I didn't mind the lack of gaming talk, I actually tuned out a bit when Pete started going on about Sega Saturn games. I hate people talking about that system because I don't understand it and that scares me.

MegaMasterSystem
Member Avatar
Level 2
[ *  * ]
One of my least favorite episodes. I was anticipating it but was disappointed. You're right. It was like....wrap it up dude. Some of the stories he told were really pointless too. I'm like 1.5 hours in and I have yet to here Pete or Jason talk for more than a sentence.
Posted Image

Big_Daddy_FatSacks
Member Avatar
Big Daddy Fat Sacks
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah the guest talked on quite a bit, but give em a break. he had a lot to say. And let me say THIS! I went back and listened to an old episode. Like maybe in the 40's? And Jason was promising back then to watch LOTR. And now we're almost at episode 80!! LMAO!!
Posted Image

pestro
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Big_Daddy_FatSacks
Feb 3 2012, 03:57 AM
I went back and listened to an old episode. Like maybe in the 40's? And Jason was promising back then to watch LOTR. And now we're almost at episode 80!! LMAO!!
But then again, you never know - he might've seen them by the next episode :D!!!
Ginga Force translation
DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou translation
Acceleration of Suguri 2 translation

HappyConsoleGamer
Member Avatar

pestro
Feb 3 2012, 09:51 AM
Big_Daddy_FatSacks
I went back and listened to an old episode. Like maybe in the 40's? And Jason was promising back then to watch LOTR. And now we're almost at episode 80!! LMAO!!
But then again, you never know - he might've seen them by the next episode :D!!!
LOL Don't bet on it..
http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyConsoleGamer

MrTechnoSqueek
Member Avatar
Mr. Sega

HappyConsoleGamer
Feb 3 2012, 02:18 PM
pestro
Big_Daddy_FatSacks
LOL Don't bet on it..
yeah he will have a 3ds and Mario Kart 7 before he watches LOTR
Posted Image
Gamertags:
Steam:technosqueek
Xbox 360:Techno Squeek
PS3:TechnoSqueek

LMG Gaming
Member Avatar
#dantheman

MrTechnoSqueek
Feb 3 2012, 02:31 PM
HappyConsoleGamer
Feb 3 2012, 02:18 PM
pestro
Big_Daddy_FatSacks
LOL Don't bet on it..
yeah he will have a 3ds and Mario Kart 7 before he watches LOTR
He will have a Ps vita before he watches it!

ap3xultima
Member Avatar
The Homeless Wizard
[ *  *  * ]
A fun and informative episode guys! :)
My mind escapes me on what else to say lol
Posted Image

Steam | YouTube | Twitter | TwitchTV | Binary Piecast (PC Gaming Podcast)

max330
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Hey All Gen!

Magfest sounds really cool. Hearing these stories make me wish I had held on to my Turbo Duo.

A buddy of mine was moving, and gave me his Turbo Duo. This thing was dead weight to me. I was a Sega fan boy and cared little for the machine. I even called my friend to take it back! lol

Boy what a mistake...I ended up losing this gem when I moved. Sucks for me!

NinjaPenguin8969
Member Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can you post that video on the Old Republic you guys were talking about? Where the Republic people would get slaughtered instantly. It sounds hilarious!

Thanks!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All Gen Gamers · Next Topic »
Add Reply