Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pier Solar ROM; Get a free copy of the game from this torrent link...
Topic Started: May 18 2011, 07:35 AM (12,251 Views)
tweeksy
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
...just kidding!

Was having this nasty thought the other day, I want to try out Pier Solar on my PSP (so can play on the move, and I don't have an actual Genesis/MD anymore.

I do have Picodrive on the PSP and play some old games on it (it's a very good MD emulator). Then looked for the ROM on some dodgy sites, but I just can't rip off the developer.

Do you think they ever would release a paid for ROM file only/PDF manual combination or something, to avoid being ripped off?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Richard
Member Avatar
Link
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, the second a rom file gets out the sales will plummet. One good thing about a rom leak would be that it would be accessible to way more people and could create some fans of the company. It would actually probably increase their popularity/sales on their next game and they would get more recognition for sure.

I got scared when I saw this thread because it was another excuse I could give myself not to open the first print of this game. I am going to though...just have to get time to play the freaking game.

EDIT: OMG...well here is another thing makes opening it even harder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pier-Solar-Genesis-Classic-version-NiB-/180668255527?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a10aacd27

To be honest, in my opinion, the only way this game keeps going up in value or retaining its value years down the road is if this company continues to make games. If they are actually grow into a full fledged developer THAT IS WHEN the sealed original copies will skyrocket in price to unbelievable levels. Imagine if you get into the company on their 3rd game and absolutely love them? I could actually see one going for 1k+ if they indeed do become a full time developer.
Edited by Richard, May 18 2011, 01:34 PM.
Posted Image

In a realm beyond sight.
The sky shines gold,not blue.
There,the triforce's might
Make mortal dreams come true.

PSN: MicrosoftSnake
XBL: xCKx Snake

YouTube Gaming Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TriforceRich

Kharnivore2099
Member Avatar
Retroverdose

They made it so the game cant be dumped to a rom, at least with the current way its done anyway.

Im not usually fussed about emulation, but i think i'd punch anyone i caught emulating this. A lot of time and hard work went into this and it's not some big hotshot developer that can handle a bit of piracy here and there.
Posted Image
Twitch Channel
Youtube Channel

tweeksy
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
Kharnivore2099
May 18 2011, 01:54 PM
They made it so the game cant be dumped to a rom, at least with the current way its done anyway.

Im not usually fussed about emulation, but i think i'd punch anyone i caught emulating this. A lot of time and hard work went into this and it's not some big hotshot developer that can handle a bit of piracy here and there.
Totally, the only times I think it's acceptable is when it is an old, obscure, abandonware type game or if the original is sooooooo expensive that it becomes the only way to experience it at all (i.e. the original cart is older and rare, not a brand new release game!).

Yup would second that, it's not so bad to rip off the big players, but shutting down the small developers is a dick move! Did I get you with the thread title then? :P

sdcpro
Member Avatar
Level 9
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Richard
May 18 2011, 01:30 PM
No, the second a rom file gets out the sales will plummet. One good thing about a rom leak would be that it would be accessible to way more people and could create some fans of the company. It would actually probably increase their popularity/sales on their next game and they would get more recognition for sure.

I got scared when I saw this thread because it was another excuse I could give myself not to open the first print of this game. I am going to though...just have to get time to play the freaking game.

EDIT: OMG...well here is another thing makes opening it even harder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pier-Solar-Genesis-Classic-version-NiB-/180668255527?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a10aacd27

To be honest, in my opinion, the only way this game keeps going up in value or retaining its value years down the road is if this company continues to make games. If they are actually grow into a full fledged developer THAT IS WHEN the sealed original copies will skyrocket in price to unbelievable levels. Imagine if you get into the company on their 3rd game and absolutely love them? I could actually see one going for 1k+ if they indeed do become a full time developer.
I personally would keep it sealed and sell it down the road and just buy a reprint. It's going for way too much money to just have it sit on a shelf for me, personally :P

Also, who knows down the road they may rerelease fancy first print run thereby making the original go down drastically. Mario All Stars on the Wii is a prime example.
Posted Image

pegasus187
Member Avatar
The Users

tweeksy
May 18 2011, 05:56 PM
Kharnivore2099
May 18 2011, 01:54 PM

Totally, the only times I think it's acceptable is when it is an old, obscure, abandonware type game or if the original is sooooooo expensive that it becomes the only way to experience it at all (i.e. the original cart is older and rare, not a brand new release game!).

Yup would second that, it's not so bad to rip off the big players, but shutting down the small developers is a dick move! Did I get you with the thread title then? :P
Yeah, like the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy I saw that cart alone for 125 bucks, on the SNES, I have the ROM of that. I don't own the system, but I pretty much use Emulation to play games I want to check out. But I still want to try and get the physical copies If I can
Gamertag pegasus187/PSN thextremeenigma/3DS Friend Code 1461-6464-1983/Steam ID TheGamingPegasus187

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

wariofanatic22
New User
well it did get released in a rom form recently. Here is a video on the matter i just seen today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h21KBUFpKIE

I WILL NOT be linking to the actual rom, you have to look that up on your own if you are interested. Its interesting because i thought it would have never been possible due to the protection they put on the cart

PeteDorr
Member Avatar
I Like Games.

If you open your game for the love of God please at least PLAY it to see the love and effort that went into this game, its much more than just some RPG maker project *looks at Johnny*
Edited by PeteDorr, Apr 18 2012, 08:34 PM.
Posted Image

LMG Gaming
Member Avatar
Still Alive an' Kicking

PeteDorr
Apr 18 2012, 08:34 PM
If you open your game for the love of God please at least PLAY it to see the love and effort that went into this game, its much more than just some RPG maker project *looks at Johnny*
*Notice that Johnny is not there. Cry.*

Mr_Debauch
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
well part of me thinks... dont even mention the possibility of a pier solar rom floating around cause mentioning that just creates awareness and suggests a google search..

... then part of me thinks... people would be buying pier solar because of the fan service, the collectable-ness of the whole package, the fact of owning one of the best packaged titles to come out ever.. the whole 9. That part of me has me thinking who cares about the rom, that will not compare to playing the cart with the cd inserted in the sega cd.
All four of my albums are free to stream and download @ debauch.ca
Pop by my soundcloud @ here

SteveNeville
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
The title of this got 3,806 views...Because they wanted to yell or download? We may never know.

PeteDorr
Member Avatar
I Like Games.

Oh my god, I never realized how many views this topic has, and I found out why. If you search google for "Pier Solar ROM" this forum topic is the first that comes up and it reads just like this:
Pier Solar ROM
petesgameroomforum.com/topic/4291291/
6 posts - 4 authors - May 18, 2011
Pier Solar ROM; Get a free copy of the game from this torrent link. ... I want to try out Pier Solar on my PSP (so can play on the move, and I don't ..."

LOL! Shame on all of you googlers reading this right now! Apparently THOUSANDS of people have searched for a rom of pier solar within the past couple of days...my god.
Posted Image

Kharnivore2099
Member Avatar
Retroverdose

Thats actually hilarious.

Well at least there are more views in the "Games you Bought Recently" thread. Be a good while before we get 45,971 people on hear looking looking for a free ROM.

*touches wood"
Posted Image
Twitch Channel
Youtube Channel

SCScanlan
Member Avatar
Level 5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think with Pier Solar I'd call downloading a rom version piracy and not emulation.

Kharnivore2099
Member Avatar
Retroverdose

Its all piracy at the end of the day unless you paid for your download on the likes of VC, PSN XBL, Steam etc.
Posted Image
Twitch Channel
Youtube Channel

Mr_Debauch
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, SHAME on you googlers! you swine!
All four of my albums are free to stream and download @ debauch.ca
Pop by my soundcloud @ here

TheGamerz01
Member Avatar
Gaming At It's Finest
[ *  *  * ]
I'd prefer the physical thing, personally :)
Slowly we watch the degradation of the civilization
The rise and fall of all we are
Stands before us...

As Daylight Die by Killswitch Engage
Posted Image

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamerz01?feature=mhum

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · All Gen Gamers · Next Topic »
Add Reply