Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Playstation 2 Slim vs. Fat Console
Topic Started: Jan 18 2011, 07:53 PM (9,411 Views)
TheGamerz01
Member Avatar
Gaming At It's Finest
[ *  *  * ]
I'm just curious, is there much difference between the slim design and the original fat design of the PS2? Obviously theres no fan etc on the Slim Console unlike the Fat version, but will games run slightly better on the Original Fat Console?
Slowly we watch the degradation of the civilization
The rise and fall of all we are
Stands before us...

As Daylight Die by Killswitch Engage
Posted Image

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamerz01?feature=mhum
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VirtualBoyGamerShow
Member Avatar
The Virtual Boy Gamer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The fat PS2 console and the slim PS2 console play the games exactly the same. No difference in how it looks. It seems the slim console holds up better then the fat console.
Used to be So1001. But still, I'm...The Virtual Boy Gamer
Reviews, Collections, Game Talk, and all that great stuff!

bolton121
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
I still have my original launch fat ps2 console, still works perfectly so I have never seen the need to get a slim one
Posted Image

PrincessxGarnet
Member Avatar
;D
[ *  * ]
bolton121
Jan 18 2011, 08:09 PM
I still have my original launch fat ps2 console, still works perfectly so I have never seen the need to get a slim one
Same here. I also prefer it that way since I like the original fat PS2s over the slim ones.
My Youtube Gaming Channel -> Here

Killette
Member Avatar
Level 1
[ * ]
I work at a video store and own both both and I can't get the disks with blue bottoms to work in the slim model.
Systems: Famicom with AV/ Nes adapter, NES, Model 2 NES, Master System, Turbo Grafx-16, JVC x' Eye, Super Famicom w/ SNES adapter, Sega 32x, Virtual Boy, Saturn, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, XBox, Playstation 1, Playstation 2 (Slim&Fat), Gamecube w/ game boy player, Wii, PS3 80 gig, XBox 360.

Handhelds: Game boy pocket (red), Neo-Geo pocket color, PSP, Game boy Advance SP, Game Gear, TecToy, Playpal, Mugga (Gamp3 player), Atari Lynx, Nintendo DS

Capcom Arcade Machine (Speed Rumbler,1986)

debian4life
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
In my opinion the Fat version is better since it seems to play the blue disc games better. I also like that the PS2 Fat allows the use of HDD.

Jonny Justice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I prefer the fat because I can put other consoles on top of it. The slim has a flip top, which means you can't really stack another console on top of it.
_____________________________________________________CURRENTLY PLAYING______________________________________________________
Posted Image

GeorgieZoob
Member Avatar
New User
Ive had my Fat PS2 for 7 years and it has recently started playing up, but i mean, i played it like hell, so i think thats pretty good.

I got a slim now, exactly the same, its just amazing how such a great console can be so teeny!
Shoop..
Shoop....
Shoop.....

ADTR
Member Avatar
The rpg fanatic
[ *  * ]
id go with a slim

the laser diode in the original fat is far inferior, infact sony had to deal with a lawsuit because so many peoples fat ps2 stopped reading disk.

and there is a fan in the slim ps2, its a small internal fan not a outward facing vent fan like in the original.
Persona 4......you make me feel fuzzy

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Szabo
Dr. Mordin Solus
[ *  *  *  * ]
Slim is better because it will definitely last you a hell of a lot longer without the pop out CD drive
Posted Image

Direngrey911
Member Avatar
Tanzbefehl!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
get the fat one.
Had mine for almost 7 years and still no problems!
Also, believe it or not, since you can stack things on top of it, it actually takes up less room then the slim (practically speaking)
+
"Mit den Mauern brachen die Herzen, im Bombenhagel, in der Stadt.
Hab dich verloren in diesen Tagen und jede Stunde an dich gedacht! "

+
Posted Image
+

Mr_Debauch
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah well one good thing about the slim version is that state of emergency WONT play on it... which is great cause the game sucks. That will save you from tragedy.

But maybe some other games that are good also wont play... I think a working fat model is the better buy.

how about this though:

slim ps2 vs fat ps2 vs model 1 PS3 ? who wins there?
All four of my albums are free to stream and download @ debauch.ca
Pop by my soundcloud @ here

Direngrey911
Member Avatar
Tanzbefehl!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr_Debauch
Mar 2 2011, 02:38 AM
how about this though:

slim ps2 vs fat ps2 vs model 1 PS3 ? who wins there?
Still the fat ps2.
The fat PS3's (especially the first models) are, and as a die-hard PSX fan this PAINS me, very flimsy and overall lacking in quality.
Also, they STILL do not play all PS1 or PS2 games.
+
"Mit den Mauern brachen die Herzen, im Bombenhagel, in der Stadt.
Hab dich verloren in diesen Tagen und jede Stunde an dich gedacht! "

+
Posted Image
+

Kleen
Member Avatar
Boss
[ *  *  * ]
They both play the same, but personally i like how the PS2 looks cooler and is easier to mod IMO.
Posted Image

noahre86
New User
I say go both ways Fat and Slim... I own the Slim model 7701-1 or some thing like that! My friend had a PS2 fat and me and him used to play it all the time!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Classic Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply