Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PC says SD card is write protected, but it isn't!
Topic Started: Jun 26 2010, 01:01 PM (2,256 Views)
Jonny Justice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It does this with EVERY SD card I insert. The discs aren't right protect, but it insists that they are. It's starting to tick me off because it not only creates problems with getting pictures off of my card, but also getting Wii data on and off of it. It's maddening, and I need help to fix it.
_____________________________________________________CURRENTLY PLAYING______________________________________________________
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

burningmice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A common problem people seem to have with SD cards and this is the lock switch being on. Check the card for a small switch try moving that if it has one. If it's locked it can protect the card from being written to.

Posted Image

Jonny Justice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It wasn't that, apparently my computer just decides when it wants to say that or not. It was being really stupid, and it's doing it again now. I dunno. When it's in my camera and I try to transfer files that way, it's fine, but if it goes directly into the computer, it's write protected regardless if the lock is up or down.
_____________________________________________________CURRENTLY PLAYING______________________________________________________
Posted Image

eSkilliam
Member Avatar
Gamer. Graphic Designer. Geek.

get a USB SD card reader off of ebay and try that. I got one from hong kong for 17 cents total price. They had hundreds of them for sale. Took like 2 weeks to get it, but it was well worth 17 cents, especially considering it cost THEM $2.50 just to mail it to me...

eSkilliam on Steam - CetiAlphaVI on PSN - Ceti Alpha VI on XBL - eSkilliam on Wii U
eSkilliamgaming on Youtube - eSkilliam on Twitch - @eSkilliam on Twitter

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply