Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Can't join friends Xbox live party
Topic Started: Mar 13 2010, 07:57 AM (68,450 Views)
Noller
Member Avatar
Level 1
[ * ]
My friend and I, cannot join each others Xbox live party, everytime we try it says that I just couldn't join the party. Do you guys know anything we can do to fix it, then plz tell me then.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FisHeaD
Member Avatar
Team Hoff!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Don't some games stop you from making parties andentering them? I know MW2 does i'm not sure about others.
Check your party settings, it might be set to private.

Shaq Attack
Member Avatar

You and your friends connections must not be able to connect to each other, you need both your NAT types to be open, so I suggest you and your friend restart your routers and try again.

Also if you still can't connect to each other then have someone else host the party. If you and your friend want to be alone ask a friend to start a party, invite you both then leave, the party will stay.
Posted Image

Eternity
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
I am the friend who cannot join Noller's party :)

I realised my NAT was strict since I got a new connection package yesterday, and it turns out that I cannot acces this routers setup, and that I cannot open my NAT... I suppose I will have to live without parties from now on.
Posted Image

burningmice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A strict NAT type shouldn't actually stop you from joining parties.
Try opening all required ports
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

Posted Image

Eternity
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
burningmice
Mar 13 2010, 11:27 AM
how to I open these ports then? Because I cannot acces the actual setup website for my Router. If I can open the ports without digging deep into the router set up plase let me know.

Thanks
Posted Image

slavko123496
Member Avatar
Pokemon-obssesed freak
[ *  *  *  * ]
Try checking your connection
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Noller
Member Avatar
Level 1
[ * ]
FisHeaD
Mar 13 2010, 09:08 AM
Don't some games stop you from making parties andentering them? I know MW2 does i'm not sure about others.
Well my friend and I, can't join each others party in BC2 to.
Posted Image

burningmice
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eternity
Mar 13 2010, 11:35 AM
burningmice
how to I open these ports then? Because I cannot acces the actual setup website for my Router. If I can open the ports without digging deep into the router set up plase let me know.

Thanks
Do you use a router or just a modem?
The default address for most routers is 192.168.0.1 just put that into your address bar.

Posted Image

eSkilliam
Member Avatar
Gamer. Graphic Designer. Geek.

burningmice
Mar 15 2010, 09:11 PM
Eternity
burningmice

Thanks
The default address for most routers is 192.168.0.1 just put that into your address bar.
I had a strict NAT type and it wouldn't let me join about 1/2 of the parties i tried to until i got it opened up. I think it's certain combinations of your routers with your friends that triggers it. But yes, first of all you have to determine how to log into your router. If you can't figure it out via the above IP address, do some google searching using the model name/number of your router. Different ones use different IP's. Once you are into your router, google 'forwarding ports and XBOX live' this should send you into the right direction as to what needs to be done next. Then google 'open NAT and your router model again, and that should help you there. If you can't log into your router though, you won't be able to do any of this. One surefire way to see if your router is the item at fault is to take it completely out of the picture. Plug your 360 directly into your broadband modem, and see if the situation improves. I can't stay up any longer, but if you post the model number and name of your router, someone may be able to help you get into it. If you haven't by tomorrow night, I may be able to help more. (also when setting up the forwarding and nat type, you will need to get your 360's i/p address, which can be loacated in the settings under network settings on your xbox 360)

eSkilliam on Steam - CetiAlphaVI on PSN - Ceti Alpha VI on XBL - eSkilliam on Wii U
eSkilliamgaming on Youtube - eSkilliam on Twitch - @eSkilliam on Twitter

Porcelain
Member Avatar
Level 6
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm so glad you guys know what you're talking about, because I just read all of this and almost passed out. :D

Smarty pants! Though now I have a better knowledge I can pass this on to my friend who has been having this same issue, thanks guys!

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://afewpixelsshort.blogspot.com/ my bloggity blog

eSkilliam
Member Avatar

Porcelain
Mar 15 2010, 09:33 PM
I'm so glad you guys know what you're talking about, because I just read all of this and almost passed out. :D

Smarty pants! Though now I have a better knowledge I can pass this on to my friend who has been having this same issue, thanks guys!
I'll see if i can pull together some links and all over the next few days and perhaps make up a tutorial that someone can sticky at the top of the 360 forum on how to open nat type, and forward the IP's needed for 360. I'm pretty well seasoned at networking, and very computer literate, and even I ran into several issues, so I can see where it can get people tied up. We'll have you all open NAT and forwarded in no time. But now it's off to work!

eSkilliam on Steam - CetiAlphaVI on PSN - Ceti Alpha VI on XBL - eSkilliam on Wii U

Eternity
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
eSkilliam
Mar 15 2010, 09:21 PM
burningmice
Mar 15 2010, 09:11 PM
Eternity
burningmice

Thanks
I had a strict NAT type and it wouldn't let me join about 1/2 of the parties i tried to until i got it opened up. I think it's certain combinations of your routers with your friends that triggers it. But yes, first of all you have to determine how to log into your router. If you can't figure it out via the above IP address, do some google searching using the model name/number of your router. Different ones use different IP's. Once you are into your router, google 'forwarding ports and XBOX live' this should send you into the right direction as to what needs to be done next. Then google 'open NAT and your router model again, and that should help you there. If you can't log into your router though, you won't be able to do any of this. One surefire way to see if your router is the item at fault is to take it completely out of the picture. Plug your 360 directly into your broadband modem, and see if the situation improves. I can't stay up any longer, but if you post the model number and name of your router, someone may be able to help you get into it. If you haven't by tomorrow night, I may be able to help more. (also when setting up the forwarding and nat type, you will need to get your 360's i/p address, which can be loacated in the settings under network settings on your xbox 360)
Thanks a lot, I have a Netopia router, and yes that IP is the one that I am supposed to use according to their site, but the thing is. This router set-up can only be accessed by the broadband company I have, so i'm not quite sure what to do.
Posted Image

eSkilliam
Member Avatar

Who is your internet provider, and why did they give you a router... internet companies usually don't do that... they give you a modem but not a router... Are you in the United States or another country?

Eternity
Level 3
[ *  *  * ]
eSkilliam
Mar 16 2010, 07:42 PM
Who is your internet provider, and why did they give you a router... internet companies usually don't do that... they give you a modem but not a router... Are you in the United States or another country?
I'm in Denmark... my internet provider is called YouSee... Basically I ordered a speed upgrade, and they send me a whole package with a router I had to plug in. I called them and asked how to open the NAT, and they told me that only their staff have acces to the settings.
Posted Image

Nayme69
New User
I kind of have the same problem but my friend and I both have the Nat open, but still we cant join in a party with each other... i already open the ports of both routers... and for a day... we could join... but by the next day we couldnt join again... sometimes but rarely, when i reset my modem several time we can join each other again, but only until some of us turn of the xbox... i dont know if having 2 different kinds of modem would have something to do with the problem, i mean like compatibility or something... but still does anyone have a permanent solution... i want to recall... we both have the nat open

eSkilliam
Member Avatar

Nayme69
Jun 1 2010, 09:04 AM
I kind of have the same problem but my friend and I both have the Nat open, but still we cant join in a party with each other... i already open the ports of both routers... and for a day... we could join... but by the next day we couldnt join again... sometimes but rarely, when i reset my modem several time we can join each other again, but only until some of us turn of the xbox... i dont know if having 2 different kinds of modem would have something to do with the problem, i mean like compatibility or something... but still does anyone have a permanent solution... i want to recall... we both have the nat open
There are compatibilities issues supposedly with some modems and routers, but It sounds to me like you 360 is changing IP's on you. Mine does that too. For some reason when i choose a static IP for my 360 it won't connect at all, so I'm forced to leave my 360 hopping around the IP spectrum, and just change my NAT and Forwarded port IP's every time it changes.

hooflung128
Member Avatar
Level 7
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eternity
Mar 17 2010, 11:16 AM
eSkilliam
I'm in Denmark... my internet provider is called YouSee... Basically I ordered a speed upgrade, and they send me a whole package with a router I had to plug in. I called them and asked how to open the NAT, and they told me that only their staff have acces to the settings.
What tier service do you have? Is it one of the lines of service that go to 50/5 or is it DSL? If it is one of service packages that go up to 50/5 ( 8/1, 20/2 ) then it looks like it might be fiber which means you basically get a router that puts you on their network.

In the US here, we don't have many services like that so most people aren't going to be able to help you. I'd say 90% of all US broadband use service is PPoE and Cable Television (DOCSIS) and they don't work like fiber broadband that is ATM based... meaning it works like a virtual circuit. This is how a business would be setup... like a bank or store. ATM is old tech but Fiber, aka FiOS for us Yanks, implements newer standards that work over optical cable.

If you are using Fiber then you need to get with your cable company and work out your issues. Each computer on the router are essentially directly on their network and they might not have a bridged router so they can control everything on their network.

You definitely need to get more info on your setup.
Edited by hooflung128, Jun 1 2010, 10:10 AM.
Youtube page | My HeatWare rating.

Posted Image

Posted Image

GOODYTWOSHOES2
New User
hooflung128
Jun 1 2010, 10:08 AM
Eternity
Mar 17 2010, 11:16 AM
eSkilliam
What tier service do you have? Is it one of the lines of service that go to 50/5 or is it DSL? If it is one of service packages that go up to 50/5 ( 8/1, 20/2 ) then it looks like it might be fiber which means you basically get a router that puts you on their network.

In the US here, we don't have many services like that so most people aren't going to be able to help you. I'd say 90% of all US broadband use service is PPoE and Cable Television (DOCSIS) and they don't work like fiber broadband that is ATM based... meaning it works like a virtual circuit. This is how a business would be setup... like a bank or store. ATM is old tech but Fiber, aka FiOS for us Yanks, implements newer standards that work over optical cable.

If you are using Fiber then you need to get with your cable company and work out your issues. Each computer on the router are essentially directly on their network and they might not have a bridged router so they can control everything on their network.

You definitely need to get more info on your setup.
I can't join any xbox live parties or chat. I've checked privacy settings a thousand times. I've tried everything. My only solution is to take my xbox to the desert and it shoot with a shotgun.

Bankiedrummer
New User
Hey,

I know how to do the port forwarding and have explained all the to my friend however, even though his NAT type is OPEN he still can't connect to xbox live party chat, private chats or parties on MW3. He is directly connected to the modem and has no router. He can connect to parties when it is hosted by some people but not all.

My NAT settings are also set to OPEN as well and the other few people he can't connect to. He has tried re-setting his modem and everyone else has reset theirs. This is the first time this has happened in the 5 years that this person has been on my friends list.

I've told him to update his drivers for the modem if there are any updates as well.

I've ran out of ideas, anyone got any others.

Nikola_Slave
New User
FisHeaD
Hey man I really need some help, fast. I had free xbox live GOLD membership and it expired recently and now I can't join any online games. I don't know what to do. It says to check my Party Type, and when I press the "back" button i only have two options, Local and System Link. I can't accsec any others? Do you know do I fix that shit? Thank you.

Soulless
Member Avatar
I killed Abeloth.
[ *  *  *  * ]
You can't play any online games unless you have Gold. Otherwise, renew your Gold membership. I know it sucks, but that is all that you can do.

Edit: A way that you can get around that is to make a new Xbox Live username (along with a new email address) that will automatically get a free month of Xbox Live. Thing is, it's a new name so achievements don't carry over, but if you just want to play the game, that's a way to do it.
Edited by Soulless, Apr 5 2012, 10:07 AM.
Death is certain, life is not.

Posted Image

We have taken the noise of gunpowder as our rhythm and the sound of machine guns as our melody.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FisHeaD
Member Avatar
Team Hoff!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nikola_Slave
Apr 5 2012, 08:21 AM
FisHeaD
Hey man I really need some help, fast. I had free xbox live GOLD membership and it expired recently and now I can't join any online games. I don't know what to do. It says to check my Party Type, and when I press the "back" button i only have two options, Local and System Link. I can't accsec any others? Do you know do I fix that shit? Thank you.
What Soulless said. You need to pay for a new subscription otherwise you can't play games online with others or join parties. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think you can still talk to a friends in a private chat.

Keroppi Choppi
Member Avatar
I want my 2010 account back :(
[ *  *  * ]
Why does this topic have 27k + views O_o

Maybe when people search the topic on Google? I don't know but just compared to everything else on this forum holy.
Youtube Channel!
3DS Friend Code: 5370 - 0856 - 4171

FisHeaD
Member Avatar
Team Hoff!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ha, i just realised that. This thread is actually the second link when searched on Google lol. Must be a common problem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Classic Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply