Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Forum for the awesome Gaming Community growing daily on YouTube. I think this will be a great place for us to get to know each other better outside of just commenting on videos and channels. This way we will all be able to share our ideas and opinions in some great discussions that I am sure will take place here over time.

I would reccomend using your Youtube name as your username just to avoid any confusion, but it's totaly up to you!

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!
Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Game Checklist for collectors; Oh god my life
Topic Started: Jul 9 2009, 07:12 PM (18,276 Views)
Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]
Okay, So here is where I will talk about my current project. Long story short I'm making excel documents of every game for console (preferrably not any current gen, cuz they change to much) In these documents will have a list of every game for that console, and boxes to check off the see what you are missing in your collection, so you can show them to others, and update them constantly when you get new items.

Using this, you should be able to show people what you still need, and if you even want it, so if anyone wants to give you donations, or sell you a game, they will know what you are looking for. For someone like pete this would help a ton, since after he makes his videos for each console, he can have a paper count of what he has, and what he is missing.

The Excel document is printable for a sheet checklist form too, as long as you print it correctly (force it to be 1 page wide in print setup and you'll be fine)

Keep in mind that on my Excel documents it will automatically list that you Don't Have each game, and each box. And it will also list that you want each game, and want each box. If you wish to print, remove every X mark first so it looks cleaner.

Also, when you check off that you own a Cartridge, or a Box, it will automatically uncheck the "don't have" section.

Progress!

SNES - Temporarily complete.

• US Games - All
  • PAL Games - All games that were not also US released
  • JAP Games - All games that were not also US released
  • Unliscenced Games - The 4 I could find information on

Some day I do plan on updating the PAL and JAP list to include the PAL and JAP named versions of english games.

I also did not list secondary versions, such as Donkey Kong Country's Competition cart. If you wish to add these to your list, simple add a row and do so, it's that easy.

Nintendo 64 - Complete

• US Games - All
  • PAL Games - All
  • JAP Games - All

This list should be complete. There were a few games listed as US releases that also had a PAL tag, but for the first bunch I found, I couldn't find any evidence that they had a PAL release, so I left them off the PAL list. Other then that I'm happy with this list. I once again left out secondary versions of games, even though I only really saw a handful, it's worth noting.

Dreamcast - As complete as I'll go

• US Games - All
  • PAL Games - All
  • JAP Games - None

This list is hard to say. For those of you who don't know, Dreamcasts have no regieon coding, and can even play burnt games because of it. Due to this, many Dreamcast games were sold overseas without specialized coding, leading to US games being sold in Europe, and PAL games being sold in the states. I found a semi-reliable list of the popular games that were sold heavily in the wrong zones, and added them to their respective lists to avoid confusing, but if you have a game that isn't on the US, check if it is on the PAL list. All PAL games work fine on US Dreamcasts and vice versa, so don't sweat it.

I also can't find any reliable source for a complete Japanese Dreamcast collection, so I won't be making a list for it, sorry.

Sega 32x - Complete

• US Games - All
  • PAL Games - All
  • JAP Games - All

Short list, and a hard one to decide on, because no one else could. Any game that someone had accounted for, I tried to include. I'm almost certain there could be more Japanese games, but thats all I could find.

Playstation - Temporary Complete

• US Games - All
  • PAL Games - None
  • JAP Games - All
  • Demo Disks - All (US)

Huge list, omgz. So few things here, after a bit of debating, I decided to count each CD in the list, since someone might be missing one and still need it, it's just easier that way. I also chose not to include PAL games in this list, because any list I could find had each game listed at least 4 or 5 times, due to all the versions being translated like crazy. It would be way too much work to seperate each one, and I just can't do that much

Another thing to take note of is the Playstaion had that trend of demo disks being released, and I decided to include the US list that I found, there is almost no way to verfiy a lot of these games being legit releases, so I gave them their own list. I don't expect anyone to actually try to collect them, but maybe there is one type of CD, like the official playstation magazine they want to collect all of, so it is in there.

Don't Have Excel? Don't worry!

1. OpenOffice is free, google search it and get it to get excel
2. Don't want to / for some reason can't get open office? I do have boring word documents with the list of each game, and I'll post them in the following posts if possible, so that you can do what you want with the game list.

Gimmy dem filez!

-Excel Documents--Word Documents--Forum Lists-

Suggestions Requests

Feel free to post here with any Suggestions of what to do, or something to add to a list, as well as any Requests for a list for a certain console

Edited by Horror, Jul 11 2009, 08:23 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Text Game Lists!

This is an in-forum game list for all of you who for some reason can't even use the .doc files i provided. I still reccomend you try using my excel files, though. All the lists will be in spoiler boxes to save space.

Edit: Okay, these go way over the text limit, I will just do a new post with each console update, and link to each post in the main post for easy navigation.

SNES - US

Spoiler: click to toggle

SNES - PAL (Non-US duplicate)

SNES - JAP (Non-US duplicate)

SNES - Unliscenced

Edited by Horror, Jul 10 2009, 04:48 PM.
Posted Image

uberpwner93
Member Avatar
Level 4
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is great! Thanks Horror!

Shaq Attack
Member Avatar

Wow! Thanks a lot Horror i'l be using this very often.
Posted Image

JeffExtremeHardy
Member Avatar
Level 2
[ *  * ]
Wow congrats man, good luck with the rest, it will take awhile.
Whats an unlicensed game?
Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]
Non-duplicate Japanese release SNES games added, N64 and 32x coming sometime soon.
Posted Image

HughesDePayens
Member Avatar
RPG Collector - PS2 + DS Collector
[ *  *  * ]
Fucking epic.

I'm going to grab that when you make the NES and PS2 ones.
Hey all, my name's Tyler and I am an RPG fanatic! I'm collecting for the PS2 and the DS. I also have a comedy website called Throne of Eden which is very crude and often-times offensive since we like to push the boundries of socially acceptable topics and language, but it's just more fun that way!

Comedy Satire Website - Comics Reviews Funny Short Stories and More!

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]
HughesDePayens
Jul 10 2009, 01:31 PM
Fucking epic.

I won't be doing any current gen consoles... and since PS2 games are still being made, I guess technically it's current gen.

The problem is I can't make a complete list if theres still games being released. Not to mention it takes some time for these lists to form after production stops.

NES on the other hand would be a super bitch. Tons of unliscenced games, about 2000 games in total if you count all the languages(and thats just unique games) And not to mention the large, LARGE portion of romhacks that would get in my way..

It's safe to say I will be putting NES off for a while.
Posted Image

HughesDePayens
Member Avatar
RPG Collector - PS2 + DS Collector
[ *  *  * ]
Gamefaqs doesn't list ROM Hacks so you could probably use that to weed out the hacks.

And in terms of PS2, it's true that they're still releasing games but not MANY. I reckon that Mana Khemia 2 is going to be one of the last ones to get localized. Aside from sports games, I guess.
Edited by HughesDePayens, Jul 10 2009, 02:27 PM.
Hey all, my name's Tyler and I am an RPG fanatic! I'm collecting for the PS2 and the DS. I also have a comedy website called Throne of Eden which is very crude and often-times offensive since we like to push the boundries of socially acceptable topics and language, but it's just more fun that way!

Comedy Satire Website - Comics Reviews Funny Short Stories and More!

FredDinenage081
Member Avatar
Lt. Colonel Kojak Slaphead the Third
[ *  *  * ]
JeffExtremeHardy
Jul 10 2009, 01:02 PM
Whats an unlicensed game?
A game not approved by the console manufacturer.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
'Convoy? Michael, you're hanging around with a man who uses a collective term for a single vehicle.'

mypersona
Member Avatar
Defender of the Velvet Room
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Holy shit. This is awesome. I hope for a PS1 list and Dreamcast list soon. Thanks, Horror.
Posted Image

Nathan
Member Avatar

Horror these are awesome, I love the toggle feature.
Posted Image..
Posted Image
My Xat Chat
My Facebook
My Last.fm :)

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

N64 - US

N64 - PAL

N64 - JAP

Edited by Horror, Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM.
Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Dreamcast - US

Dreamcast - PAL

Edited by Horror, Jul 10 2009, 06:00 PM.
Posted Image

Skill7acular
Member Avatar
New User
hell yes
Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Sega 32X - US

Sega 32X - PAL

Sega 32X - JAP

Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Playstation - US

Playstation - Demo

Edited by Horror, Jul 11 2009, 07:59 PM.
Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Playstation - JAP Part 1

Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Playstation - JAP Part 2

Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Playstation - JAP Part 3

Posted Image

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]

Playstation - JAP Part 4

Posted Image

Kharnivore2099
Member Avatar
Retroverdose

Jesus dude. thats all i can say
Posted Image
Twitch Channel
Youtube Channel

DXRANT
Member Avatar
Sony Gamer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Horror
Jul 10 2009, 02:10 PM
HughesDePayens
Jul 10 2009, 01:31 PM
Fucking epic.

I won't be doing any current gen consoles... and since PS2 games are still being made, I guess technically it's current gen.

The problem is I can't make a complete list if theres still games being released. Not to mention it takes some time for these lists to form after production stops.

NES on the other hand would be a super bitch. Tons of unliscenced games, about 2000 games in total if you count all the languages(and thats just unique games) And not to mention the large, LARGE portion of romhacks that would get in my way..

It's safe to say I will be putting NES off for a while.
You can get the complete list of PS2 games on wikipedia

I have them in a word docx because I'm keeping down which 1's I have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games
This is the wiki link I used
Posted Image

Check out my Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DXRANT

Posted Image

Posted Image
PS3 Trophies

Horror
Member Avatar
FurFag
[ *  * ]
I don't like the wiki lists because some of the additions are presumed, and its not easy to seperate them from their regieon, they usually include a lot of PAL only games on US stuff.
Posted Image

DXRANT
Member Avatar
Sony Gamer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Horror
Jul 15 2009, 02:17 AM
I don't like the wiki lists because some of the additions are presumed, and its not easy to seperate them from their regieon, they usually include a lot of PAL only games on US stuff.
Didn't no that

it's still a good guideline though if you are desperate
Posted Image

Check out my Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DXRANT

Posted Image

Posted Image
PS3 Trophies

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: